Friday, June 24, 2011

Summer time!

Wow summer is definitely here! The temps are triple digits. I am used to some 100's but this is ridiculous. Well it doesn't help to complain so I won't. Things are stressful around here- oh there's a news flash! People with in our family are sick. My house hasn't sold and dog gone it my children are growing up. I never really thought about my kids growing older and getting to the point where they don't need me as much as they used too, but hey this is getting out of control. They pick out their own clothes, they go off to have fun, and the texting is a jaw dropper. I guess I thought the times of 'Dad and Mom are the universe' would last forever. Well let me tell you, time has a way of creeping up on you, tapping you on the shoulder and showing you that course of all the discipline , all the time spent telling them right from wrong, love and other parental duties is about to give you a big exam. This could mean pass (a happy and productive life) or fail (they end up just where  they DID NOT want to be). This is nerve racking in a sense. You say to yourself, "Did I tell them this? Did I teach them that, and on and on.Well I think I have figured out that your teachings can only provide a foundation and a basic structure of their lives. I think of it like a house. We help them form up the foundation, we help plumb and run the electricity. We can even help build their roofs. But as they age and get more mature (we hope) that's where they finish it with sheet rock, paint , furniture and accessories. They have some of the hardest work. They are having to rely on plans that we gave them (our own lives) and the revisions they make to make it their own.I know in our lives that God is the Building Supervisor. He knows where to put everything, he knows how to fit it all together if we will let him.  He will allow you to change it (free will) but he has told us what would happen if we did. He even picked up the tab for his services. What a bargain. When the house is finished and they start their family, we can look on it with some pride for both of us. There is nothing wrong with , in your heart, to be proud of how you raised your children. But lets just hope that when they are appraised, they have lots of equity. To be upside down in life's mortgage would be very concerning. It's not permanent if you don't want it to be. With a lot of hard work and prayer good things can and will happen for you. You know, with God as the boss you can always renovate. We can hope that for everyone. JB

No comments:

Post a Comment